[Seaside] vw port - AAADocumentation >> settingThingsUp....

Bany, Michel mbany at cincom.com
Wed May 12 09:32:04 CEST 2004

> .... is a tad out of date it appears to me. It refers to the
> url's like
>
> http://localhost:8008/Seaside/servlet/SeasideServlet/counter
>
> however, the default url that is created when loading the
> bundles is this:
>
> http://localhost:8008/seaside/go/counter

It is not out of date, because, actually both urls are valid.
The former specifies the complete path to the Seaside app, while the
later uses a logical shortcut that gets defined if you answered yes to
question "Do you want to set up a sample Seaside site ?"

To set up other Seaside applications, use the config application
at either
http://localhost:8008/Seaside/servlet/SeasideServlet/config
or
http://localhost:8008/seaside/go/config

As far as I am aware, the usage of the config application is still
undocumented, but it is quite intuitive.

Michel.