[Seaside] Templating

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat May 15 23:05:08 CEST 2004

On May 15, 2004, at 1:23 PM, Bill Holloway wrote:

> I may be completely mistaken, Avi, but is there a templating framework
> for
> SeaSide, or just the html message sends from the #render... methods?

Quick note - preferred spelling is Seaside, not SeaSide (I guess
SeaSide is the version written in SmallTalk).

There have been at least two projects to add templating to Seaside2 -
see the following messages from the archive for more information:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2004-January/
002499.html
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2003-September/
002099.html

However, I personally am no longer an advocate of templates - I think
that the prevalence of template languages is doing the state of web
development much more harm than good.  For a little more on this view,
see my blog entry from March 26, and the ensuing discussion:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/avi/blogView?
showComments=true&entry=3257728961

Avi