[Seaside] [Mewa & Seaside Application]

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun May 16 03:20:04 CEST 2004

On May 15, 2004, at 11:38 AM, German Arduino wrote:

> I hope all the previous be "understandable".

Well, I can't say I followed it completely.  But as for this comment:

> I don't wants to violate the MVC paradigm writing renderings in the
> Model, but can't figure out how to solve this question.

I think it's fine to put render methods on domain objects.  Just mark
them (with a category name, say) as being part of the UI rather than
part of the model.  This often makes your code more flexible and less
coupled, not the opposite, because you can take better advantage of
polymorphism.  It doesn't stop you from having multiple views of the
same data - just implement multiple render methods with different
selectors.

If you really can't stand the idea, you can use a visitor-like double
dispatch to separate things out, but that really shouldn't be
necessary... not in Smalltalk, anyway.

Avi