[Seaside] Seaside TestTaker online finally on my website

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu May 27 21:25:46 CEST 2004

A couple of years ago I started working on a website to develop and
administer online tests. After too many diversions and problems I
finally discovered Seaside and made some progress - just as the
customer backed out :-( Typical, eh?

Anyway, after a couple of enquiries I finally completed a couple of
open problems and it's now in a state where you could actually develop
the questions, set tests and give tests to a class of students. There's
still a _lot_ to do to make a serious application - databasey stuff,
security, accessibility issues (as in
http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/html/en/index.jsp ) and good looks.

It's written in Seaside 0.94 or thereabouts and I have no intention of
updating it unless someone wants to pay for the work. Please consider
it "shareware" in the sense that if you find it interesting and
discover a way to make money from it then I shall expect to share in
the proceeds somehow. Gifts, consulting work, credit, whatever.

You can fetch a package from
http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/deltas/TestTaker.zip

tim
Strange OpCodes: XID: Exchange Instructions with Data