[Seaside] Re: tutorial bug report

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Tue Oct 19 15:32:57 CEST 2004

You need to load the KomHttpServer package from SqueakMap.  Also, you'll
have to fix WAKom b/c it has a bogus value for its service i-var:

WAKom inspect   (find the service i-var and change it to nil...)

Now, re-try WAKom startOn: 9090 and all should be well.

Basically, what happened was when you evaluated WAKom class>>startOn: it
sent createService.  If you look at that method it tries to find a
HttpServer of some sort.  In your case it failed and the method
defaulted to returning self (the WAKom class) which got stored in the
service i-var.  A quick fix would be to add (self error: 'No server
found') to the end of WAKom class>>createService.

Hope this helps.

David

Simon Michael wrote:

> Would anyone have a fix for this ? Let me know if I can help more.
>
> Simon Michael wrote:
>
>> - I downloaded the 3.7 images from squeak.org
>>
>> - opened the squeakmap package loader and updated the map
>>
>> - installed the Seaside package
>>
>> - tried WAKom startOn: 9090 as per
>> http://beta4.com/seaside2/tutorial.html
>>
>> - got this traceback:
>>
>>  WAKom class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #unregister
>>  WAKom class>>pause
>>  WAKom class>>stop
>>  WAKom class>>startOn:
>>
>> - installed the KomHTTPServer and MCInstaller packages, as the page
>> instructs
>>
>> - no change

C. David Shaffer
http://www.cs.westminster.edu/~shaffer