[Seaside] children & egg problem

Kamil Kukura kamk at volny.cz
Wed Sep 8 11:10:10 CEST 2004

radoslav hodnicak wrote:
> I did that and noticed a weird thing. Imagine a root component with two
> columns, navigation left and "main" right (just like the old squeakmap
> browser example). Navigation causes #call:s in the main component. The
> main is #render:ed hence it should be in children(*).

I may be wrong, but this scenario confuses me with flow control. In what
time/stage do your #call:s are getting cleared (being #answer-ed)? My
navigation through set of components looks like this:

two instance variables: components, currentComponent are initialized like:

components _ {
	'menu item 1' -> ComponentOne new.
	'menu item 2' -> ComponentTwo new.
	'menu item 3' -> ComponentThree new}.
currentComponent _ components first.

In the rendering recipe there's table with left and right cell. For left
side there's simple menu:

html unorderedList: [
	components do: [:c |
		html listItem: [
			html anchorWithAction: [currentComponent _ c]
				text: c key]]]

And the right side is simply rendered with intended component:

	html render: currentComponent.

--
Kamil