[Seaside] children & egg problem

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Sep 8 12:22:20 CEST 2004

On Sep 8, 2004, at 4:19 AM, radoslav hodnicak wrote:

> (*) I'm not completely clear about this - are children supposed to be a
> collection of all subcomponents that *may* show up, or a collection of
> exactly those subcomponents that are displayed. In other words, if I
> have
> conditional #renderContentOn: that renders or renders not various
> subcomponents, do I need conditional #children too? Or can I just stuff
> there all that could possibly be rendered

It ought to be conditional, but there's usually not much harm in
including #children that aren't rendered.  The consequences are things
like:

- #isolate: blocks and so on in the unrendered children will still be
in effect, even though the children aren't visible
- those children may still add parameters to the URL
- those children may add unneeded scripts and stylesheets

And so on.

Avi