[Seaside] isolate: not working properly

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Sep 9 11:36:04 CEST 2004

On Sep 8, 2004, at 3:05 PM, radoslav hodnicak wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Avi Bryant wrote:
>
>> Doesn't look like it has anything to do with your login/nav issue,
>> though.  Any hints on a simple way I could reproduce that one?
>
> http://4096.sk/~rh/ChildrenTest-rh.1.mcz
>
> is a minimal test i made to demostrate it. create app, set root,
> custome
> main and session class.

Ok, thanks.  I can reproduce the problem, and I don't quite understand
it yet.  It only seems to be an issue with first non-redirect request,
in that if you put a no-op link on the page and click it first,
everything works from then on, but putting extra redirects in doesn't
solve anything.

Incidentally, I'm not sure why you need a solution this complex.
Instead of replacing Main and RenderLoop, just use a subclass of WATask
as your root component, with this #go method:

ChildrenTestTask>>go
	self authenticateWith: self during: [self call:
(ChildrenTestRootComponent new)]

That doesn't fix the problem, but it does provide a more minimal test
case for it.

I may not have time to look into this more until next week.

Avi