[Seaside] serialize continuations

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 16:54:31 CEST 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 8:08 AM, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 5, 2005 7:05 AM, Andrei N.Sobchuck <andrei.sobchuck at gmail.com> wrote:
> But using image saving may not actually be that unreasonable -
> particularly if we can get a pretty stripped down image file, it would
> be conceivable to fork a new vm process per session, and keep a
> separate full image around on disk for each one.  You'd need a
> controller image using OSProcess to do all the forking, starting up of
> new vms as needed, shutting down ones that haven't been used for a
> while, routing the IO.  If you were saving the images to an NFS mount
> or some such, you could get a pretty robust system with *very* long
> lived sessions.  The main problem would be code updates - you'd need
> to go through each of the images and load in the new versions...

This sounds *really* intriguing!  I'll bet we could also put in place
a process that would populate updates to the different images.  You
could make changes to your controller image or a designated "main"
image and then tell the other images to load those changes.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20