[Seaside] Graphics generation on the fly

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Thu Apr 7 14:00:55 CEST 2005

Daniel Salama wrote:

> I'm trying to build a prototype of a dashboard for an application. I
> can get all the numbers displayed properly on the page and was
> wondering if there is a class or a library that would allow me to
> generate pie charts, line charts, or bar charts (no need to be 3D) to
> show the numbers as well. As you know, a picture is worth a thousand
> words.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

On the Squeak Swiki I found:

    http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2624 (PieChartMorph)
    http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2626 (PlotMorph)

I haven't used either of them.  I believe that once you have the morph
you can send it #imageForm to get a form.  That form can be passed to
WAHtmlRenderer>>imageWithForm: to render it to the page.

David

--
C. David Shaffer
http://www.cs.westminster.edu/~shaffer