[Seaside] REST and Seaside

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Mon Apr 11 21:46:44 CEST 2005

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 23:11:59 +0200, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, 1500 concurrent sessions is a very big number; that's pretty
> consistent with your image sizes, so I agree it probably doesn't have
> anything to do with GLORP etc.  But even with a 100 minute time out
> that sounds awfully high; do you really think you get, say, 10000
> visitors per day?  Or is something else going on?  Either the peaks
> are very, very heavy, or there's something wrong with the expiry.

Sounds a lot like a broken spider that cannot deal with Seaside's URLs....
I'd do some request logging, especially of User Agent.

I had the MSN bot go wild on dynamic sites of me, much the same symptoms
(different world, this was a VW-backed site with a homebrew toolkit, but
bad bots will killl anything). I blocked the MSN range (who wants to be
listed in MSN anyway... :P)