[Seaside] REST and Seaside

Dmitry Dorofeev dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com
Tue Apr 12 09:47:38 CEST 2005

Cees de Groot wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 12:42:34 +0400, Dmitry Dorofeev
> <dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com> wrote:
>
>> If we have 'static' pages on the site it would be more
>> effective to get them from hard drive and not to generate with
>> Seaside or other dynamic framework.
>

> Not really necessary - first, you'll be surprised how much pages per
> second you can dynamically generate. Second, if that's too much load,

I run some tests about 6 months ago with Seaside Sushi Shop.
Seems like it is 1 or 2 page per second rate on a 1Ghz FreeBSD box. I did not know about
process priority in Squeak at that time, though. Plus i still can not understand
why Seaside keep redirecting to itself all the time ? Plus Seaside generates CSS file for each
page dynamically (I know it is possible to assign static CSS page). So there are some
points in the default Seaside behaviour that require special care and good knowledge
of internals to achieve high performance.

If anybody interested i have Perl script which traverses Seaside Sushi shop,
puts food into basket and checks out in a loop. Script require some tuning,
but if community need it, I'll polish it for public acceptance.

-Dmitry.