[Seaside] Custom look and feel for inform and confirm

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Wed Aug 3 18:53:03 CEST 2005

Well, #confirm: is just implemented something like this:

confirm: aString
	^ self call: (WAYesOrNoDialog new addMessage: aString)

So the simplest thing to do would be to override #confirm: on your
component or just add a new method that does basically the same thing
but attaches a decoration first.  There's nothing very magic about
#confirm: and #inform:; they're just convenience methods around stock
components and the components can be used directly if you desire.

Note, my pattern is usually to subclass WAComponent for each project I'm
working on and then to have all the other components subclass that
instead of WAComponent directly.  This gives me a convenient location to
add my own convenience methods, override behaviour, etc. for my project
as a whole.

Cheers,

Julian

Dmitry Dorofeev wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Is it possible to attach a custom WADecoration to the result of 'self
> inform: '
> and 'self confirm: ' ? I.e. to wrap resulting html into a custom html
> table with a custom css ?
>
> What is a desired way to achieve this ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Dmitry.