[Seaside] Re: What do you think about Ruby on Rails ?

Damien Cassou cassou at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Aug 7 12:20:22 CEST 2005

> let me put it another way then.
>
> So you do have Smalltalk experience, maybe you don't see the difference
> because you actually haven't worked with file based languages?

Second error : I'm familiar with C, Java, PHP, VB, ... and Common Lisp !

> I mean it didn't occur to you that you don't have to go through "edit
> compile run debug course" cycle.

I miss something then. Cause in  Squeak I first "edit" my source code,
then "compile" the  method, the run the code,  and sometime debug. The
difference is in  the fact I compile methods and not  files. But it is
the same in Common Lisp.

> - That the objects are live in there?

As in Common Lisp.

> - That you  can write  the programm while  it's running (ie.  in the
> debugger?

As in Common Lisp.

I'm not familiar  enough with Ruby, but I think you  can work the same
way as in Commont Lisp. This two languages are file based however.

--
Damien Cassou
  pour le Software Composition Group a Berne