[Seaside] liveUpdate question

Bany, Michel mbany at cincom.com
Fri Aug 12 11:13:19 CEST 2005

I am still working on making liveUpdate to update multiple independent
areas
in the html, something like this :
		liveCallback:
			[:item :h |
			operator := item.
			self renderValuesOn: h.
			self renderStatusMessageOn: h.
			self renderAsNameOn: h]
As it was said in ealier posts, this implies using the DOM view from
XmlHttpRequest
and making sure the response from Seaside is sent with a content-type
header set
to "text/xml" and that the   entity is used instead of   so
that IE
gets happy. I published the changes as Seaside2.6a1-mb.57. Note that
these changes
take advantage of the DOM to execute all the javascripts found in the
liveUpdate
response if any. So far so good.

There is still a difficulty left that I do not know how to solve. This
is when
the live-updated area includes callback. The url for the callback
contains
an ampersand that prevents IE from parsing the live response.

Any idea ?

Michel.