[Seaside] Re: What do you think about Ruby on Rails ?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Aug 15 13:01:03 CEST 2005

If you load OSProcess, you will get a pre-built Win32OSProcessPlugin.dll
in your Squeak folder. You'll need to restart Squeak before it
starts working, but there is no need to build the plugin.

This is very limited in function compared to the Unix version, but
it does let you run an external program and check its exit status.
For example you can inspect this:

    ExternalWindowsOSProcess command: 'SOL'

This will start the Solitaire program, and in Squeak you will get
an instance of ExternalWindowsOSProcess. When you exit the Solitaire
program, the runState and exitStatus are updated in Squeak.

If you don't need to keep track of the run state and exit status of
the program you are running, just use Win32Shell. It's included
in the image, and it provides a nice way to run Windows programs
from Squeak.

Right now, I don't really know a good way to do command scripts on
Windows either with OSProcess or with Win32Shell.

Dave