[Seaside] Seaside2.5b8-tonyg.9

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Wed Aug 17 10:05:24 CEST 2005

Hi all.

I've just committed Seaside2.5b8-tonyg.9 to the repository. The change
from -avi.8 is the addition of two new classes: WAPushHook and
WAPushHookHandler. The intent is to allow the web browser to use
XMLHttpRequest to register as a dependent on some named channel; the
server, at some later date, can push content to these registered clients
asynchronously. It's very much a first implementation, with no
consideration given to robustness or timeout issues etc., and I'm
posting it to see if anyone has any comments on the approach or the
implementation.

I've also implemented a JSON reader/writer that might be useful in
conjunction with livePage-type javascript. I'm about to register that on
Squeaksource separately.

Regards,
  Tony

(PS: This is my first contribution to Seaside, do let me know if I
should have done anything differently - in particular just plain
committing to the repository without getting any peer QA makes me a bit
nervous...)