[Seaside] OmniBase is FREE but has problems on UNIX Squeak

Dmitry Dorofeev dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com
Wed Aug 17 13:21:26 CEST 2005

Hi all,

As stated on http://www.gorisek.com/
"OmniBase is available for free for commercial and educational purposes. Free version of OmniBase is prohibited to be used in the oil or military industries."

That is great news!!! So i downloaded version from there for my Squeak and now
has garbage collector and backup ! But bad news are:
1. Access from multiple OmniBase sessions to same DB just creates a mess in the DB storage.
2. test12 in OmniBaseTester makes a squeak process to eat all possible memory unless my XFree86 crashes.

My VM is: 3.7-7
Squeak3.7 of '4 September 2004' [latest update: #5989]

image version i run: 6665 (3.8)

OS: FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE i386

I used OmniBase from SqueakMap version 2.1rc66 without any problems.
But it was without GC/backup.

I could try and debug test12 but have not enough expirience in Smalltalk to understand
what i am doing. Any help would be appreciated very much.

Thanks,
-Dmitry.