[Seaside] OmniBase is FREE but has problems on UNIX Squeak

Dmitry Dorofeev dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com
Tue Aug 23 13:17:43 CEST 2005

Hi,

That all is not a problem for those who knows :-)
mac vm is not yet ready to run OmniBase, so people on Mac should be
noted somehow to use unix vm (which is available for Mac OS X).
Mac OS X has a /tmp/ directory available for writting as any UNIX out there.
The only problem is may be file separator, but i expect from unix VM to accept /

May be we just should ask user if he wants to remove temporary files after tests.
User may want to navigate OmniBase data with inspector to check things (as me did).
In any case files will be removed from /tmp under UNIX automatically at some point.
Not sure about C:\temp under Windows though.

-Dmitry.