[Seaside] Is refreshing a pageA faster than loading pageA from pageB?

Yar Hwee Boon hboon at motionobj.com
Thu Feb 10 05:38:21 CET 2005

On 09-Feb-05, at PM 07:33, Avi Bryant wrote:

> It's pretty annoying, actually - I tend to try to find a no-op link on
> the page rather than reloading.  If anyone knows how to fix this I'm
> all ears

It also slows development down, at least a little, as I tend to make
incremental changes and then refresh to see the effects, no-op links
tends not to be available after 1 or 2 calls :)

I browsed the HTTP specs, it seems that an expiry period of 1 year (and
not more) is recommended for pages that do not expire. I tried this and
it seems not to work. I also see something about returning a 304 Not
Modified in response to a conditional GET, so probably someone more
familiar with this can try/give some suggestions otherwise I'll
probably come back to this (much) later. It seems that Safari exhibits
the same behavior.

--
HweeBoon
MotionObj