[Seaside] Accessing configuration values from the configuration

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Fri Jul 22 04:49:34 CEST 2005

William E Harford wrote:

>That was my first idea but the idea of changing the base Seaside classes
>turned me off. I think changing the seaside code base for a custom site
>specific purpose is bad practice.

Adding a method is usually as robust as subclassing but, as I mentioned,
if you don't like it you can always get around it by not using the
visitor pattern.  Just write your own editor method inside your
attribute class.

>Plus I also think it will be easier and clearer to do it by writing my
>own configuration class and not modifying the Seaside code.

Agreed if you figure it out.  It isn't clear to me that the
configuration framework supports changing the attribute list although I
don't see directly why you couldn't.  I just didn't think about that
possibility so certainly that seems like a reasonable thing to try.

>Thanks for your suggestion.

No problem.  Keep us posted on what you learn!

David