[Seaside] Accessing configuration values from the configuration

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 01:14:09 CEST 2005

On 7/21/05, William E Harford <seaside at harford.org> wrote:
>  If there any way to access a site's user inputted configuration values from
> a subclass of WASystemConfiguration ?
>
>  What I am trying to do is present the site administrator with a series of
> questions in the config biased on  answers that were given in the config.
>
>  For example
>
>  In this application there might be 3 components. The administrator would
> put the number 3 for a config value than save the config.
>
>  The config might than ask for the 3 component classes and there names.
>
>  I have only been able to retrieve the default values for a
> SystemConfiguration using.
>
>  self localConfiguration valueAt: #numberOfContainers.

Hi Will,

Generally you access configuration values through the application.
So, from a component, you could do

self session application preferenceAt: #numberOfContainers

The #localConfiguration of a SystemConfiguration is not the same thing
as the settings for a specific application (it's site wide, not app
wide), and it's probably the app-wide settings that your administrator
is editing.

HTH,
Avi