[Seaside] Emission of static web pages?

Greg Lewin greg.lewin at zen.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 17:43:45 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've played with Seaside a bit and like the look of it, and have been
keen on Smalltalk for a long time, which adds extra interest.

I've looked at the documentation and don't see any obvious answers to this:

While Seaside is clearly great for dynamic pages, and as a development
environment, I've been wondering how easy it is to emit a static set of
completely self-sufficient, stand-alone web pages which can be
propagated to another web server. If it is easy, this would make it even
more useful to more people - e.g.  those who don't want to use Squeak as
a web server ( i.e. commercial hosts).

I apologise if the answer is yes and it's obvious, but I haven't seen it
yet.

Thanks for a very nice product.

Greg