[Seaside] setting up security on components

seaside_list at objektfabrik.de seaside_list at objektfabrik.de
Wed Jun 15 14:54:18 CEST 2005

James,

>  That worked well. It's a shame you can't use the call / answer model
> for this,

I completely disagree here. The suggested solution gives you many
benefits, like some kind of "pluggable" login control. I see this logon
problem as a beast similar to exception handling: it should not be part
of the control flow of your application. It would produce a lot of
overhead in an application if every component had to figure out whether
the session is valid, contains a user and so forth. Why not have a
decoration plugged into your process which handles all that stuff, and
only needs to be implemented once?

> as generally it seems to be a nice way of reusing components. It would
> be nice if a consistent approach was available regardless of whether
> it was a callback.

???

cu Joachim