[Seaside] Newbie question

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 16:39:07 CET 2005

Hi Daniel,

> This means that for some event generated outside of the application, I
> need to take the user to a particular location in the application with
> the parameters value from the outside world. For example,
> http://demo.seaside.app/process_url?param1=my_name&param2=my_telephone

Have a look at http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/seaside/tutorial/slides/08.pdf,
especially slide 19 will be interesting for you. Probably you also
want to study slides 16-18, they discuss the way to deal with URLs in
Seaside.

> Is there an easy way to do this? Also, if the user is not logged in
> (session) into the application, can I easily redirect the user to a
> login page and after a successful login, take him/her back to the
> original URL?

Add a WABasicAuthentication decoration around your component ...

MyComponent>>initialize
   super initialize.
   self addDecoration: (WABasicAuthentication new authenticator: self).

... and check the authentication data within your component by writing
a method like:

MyComponent>>verifyPassword: aPassword  forUser: aUser
   ^aPassword = 'abc' and: [ aUser = '123' ].

Hope this helps,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli