[Seaside] Re: Using closures to create continuations

Andrei N.Sobchuck andrei.sobchuck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 17:04:44 CET 2005

Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:
AB> Certainly #call:onAnswer: would work, but it would suffer from the
AB> usual problem of continuation-passing-style: it's "viral", in that
AB> every method that sends a message like that has to use the same
AB> strategy.  So:

AB> And so on.  Not to mention that in Java the above example would be
AB> about 50 lines long and have 17 casts because anonymous inner classes
AB> are so verbose.

I think, the main is that it's possible to implement such framework
on current VM's. As for the syntax - it's possible to create language that
will use CPS implicitly.

As far as I know ViaWeb also did use closures and
there was problems with back button.
So, at now it's possible to create full framework on closures, is it right?

--
Andrei N.Sobchuck
JabberID: andreis at jabber.ru. ICQ UIN: 46466235.