[Seaside] Re: Using closures to create continuations

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Sat Mar 26 04:04:33 CET 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:28:26 +0100, "Avi Bryant" <avi.bryant at gmail.com>
said:
> If the question is "can such a framework run on the JVM", the answer
> is clearly yes: the JVM is Turing complete, after all.

The 'JavaFlow' project mentioned seems to an attempt at doing this:

http://vafer.org/blog/tcurdt/archives/000179.html

> More
> concretely, SISC Scheme gets a lot of use in this area; see Chris
> Double's work in particular.

This approach has worked well for me and the performance is quite
usable. Although I do get constant requests from the project manager to
find a way to rewrite things in Java as he never was a fan of using
Scheme and is concerned it may put customers of the system off it. The
developers on the other hand seem to have enjoyed learning Scheme and
consider it an advantage over Java.

Chris.
--
http://radio.weblogs.com/102385