[Seaside] [Q] auto - refresh and live update

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:24:12 CEST 2005

On 5/10/05, Brent Pinkney <brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za> wrote:
> Hi Avi,
>
> In this changeset, Danie an I have added a nice server api to WAHtmlRender
> of the form:
>
>         html
>                 divNamed: 'my-time'
>                 refreshWith: [ :text :h | h text: Time now printString ]
>                 every: 2 seconds.
>
> (There are aso cousins for spans)
>
> Is also adds some Javascript code in WAScriptsLibrary, which is very
> similar to (and uses your existing URI updater() ) model.
>
> Is this not the kind of contributions you are looking to integrate into
> Seaside ?

Oh, absolutely.  Sorry if I made it seem otherwise.

> We are really keen to not make too many private modifications to Seaside
> and would therefore wish to make enhancements in the most convenience way
> possible (to assure rapid inclusion :) )

A changeset is ok, but the most convenient way is a .mcz version
posted on a public repository.  If you have a SqueakSource account,
feel free to commit your versions to http://squeaksource.com/Seaside .
 That will be the fastest way to get them merged.

Cheers,
Avi