[Seaside] [Fwd: Re: Seaside tutorial typos]

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Sun May 15 22:53:38 CEST 2005

Avi Bryant wrote:

>On 5/15/05, David Shaffer <cdshaffer at acm.org> wrote:
>

>>Avi which should I (we) use?
>>

>I'd say let's standardize on ...:text: for anchors, since that's what
>people are probably most used to from the anchorWithAction:text: form.
>
>This is the kind of thing that the newer Canvas  implementation (which
>is pretty reasonably fleshed out in the 2.6a branch, to the point that
>people could certainly be using it) handles better.  The WAAnchorTag
>class would have separate #url:, #popupWithExtent:, #text: and #do:
>(or actually, the convention being used is #with:) methods that could
>be combined at will, ie,
>
>html anchor
>           url: 'http://www.beta4.com';
>           popupWithExtent: (300 at 500);
>           with: [html image url: 'http://beta4.com/logo.gif']
>
>Note that the above code probably won't work yet, but that's the
>intended style of use.
>
>Avi

Sounds good.  I haven't moved to 2.6...my plan was to keep in sync with
the current SqueakMap release.  This is less than ideal since I think a
lot of people start with your base image.  My introductory instructions
indicate a SqeakMap load.  I think I'll add specific version numbers as
well.  Anyway I think I'm going to keep the current version which is
anchorWithUrl:do: until your SM release has the new version.  I'll
change the popup version to use text: which is present in 2.5b8.

I'm going to stay away from Canvas in this tutorial until it's seen a
couple of rounds in the wild ;-)

David