[Seaside] Restore

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Fri May 27 18:36:02 CEST 2005

On 5/25/05, Guenther Schmidt <gue.schmidt at web.de> wrote:
> Avi,
>
> you mentioned that you might consider "porting" restore to Squeak.
>
> Pending all questions about licensing, would that be very difficult?

I don't think so.  It should mostly be picky details.  For example,
ReStore seems to make a lot of use of underscores in selectors, which
Squeak doesn't support by default.  And Dolphin treats some messages
like #ifNotNil: differently, generally uses LookupTable rather than
Dictionary, and so on.  On the other hand, neither Squeak nor Dolphin
has namespaces, and neither has full block closures, so their
semantics are quite close (compared to VW, say).  And the ReStore code
seems to be quite well factored, so I don't expect putting a new
database layer beneath it to be very hard.

Avi