[Seaside] Scriptaculous on IE

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 17:30:59 UTC 2006

> Do other people have these problems too, or is this just on this machine?

What version of IE are you using? The script.aculo.us library is only
targeted at IE 6 and later, so if you are on a earlier version it will
not work:

http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/SupportedBrowsers

Did you run the regression tests of script.aculo.us from the
distribution? If they do not work, you should submit a bug to:

http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/BugReports

> Does anybody actually use IE?

Yes, I tested scriptaculous.seasidehosting.st on IE 6 and the Seaside
tests mostly worked for me. However, I guess the version on
scriptaculous.seasidehosting.st still has broken code for check-boxes
(and some other form controls), this is fixed in the very latest
version. Some effects do not work on IE, as this browser does not
properly support transparency, so again, please check script.aculo.us.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli