[Seaside] Seaside on VMWare?

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 07:40:01 UTC 2006

On 4/20/06, Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com> wrote:
> For instance a squeak image with pier included would be an instant wiki.
>
> What's the difference?

The difference is that the user already has the VM installed in the
case of VMware player. So we wouldn't need to ship multiple VM's for
each platform, etcetera.

The image would be the same. The difference would be that we pad it
with a tiny Linux installation that fires up the image, and announce
that as the VMware Player version of Squeak/Seaside/... PR-wise, it
makes a lot of sense to ride the VMware wave; technically, it doesn't
make a whole lot of sense but it is at least for someone that creates
the configuration a couple of hours of fun :)