[Seaside] S3 (was Scaling Seaside apps)

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Tue Aug 1 21:45:45 UTC 2006

On Aug 1, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Blanchard, Todd wrote:

> You should realize that S3 provides availability over consistency.
> It is quite possible that you can put a chunk of data, ask for it
> back, and get the previous version due to propagation delays across
> the replicated store.  Great for backups, not so hot for real time
> usage.

Ah, but it's a very good match for Monticello usage patterns. In
Monticello, each version of a package is immutable, and identified by
a UUID. This means that clients don't have to coordinate when
creating new versions and we can't get "old" versions. A version is
either available or it isn't; its content can never change.