[Seaside] Usage of WAIframeTag

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 06:28:28 UTC 2006

>   This works perfectly to serve out random binary stream. Now how
> long will such a link work? I'll be serving out potentially large
> documents, ie. if the answer is "forever", that will clutter my
> image with multi-megabytes of old document data.

Yes, as far as I know forever. This is not suggested for dynamic content then.

>   I guess something like
>
>         ... canvas context urlForBlock: [ "fetch data stream" ] ...
>
>   would solve that concern quite nicely, but is there something
> like that? Browsing WADocumentHandler, it doesn't seem all that
> difficult to add, does it?

What about something along the lines:

html iframe
	src: (html context actionUrl withParameter: (canvas callbacks
registerActionCallback: [
		self session returnResponse: (WAResponse
			document: ...
			mimeType: ...
			fileName: ....) ]))

This only caches the block that is freed on session timeout and only
accessing the URL generates the document. This is especially useful
for links, when you don't always want to generate the document.

Lukas

>         mjl

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch