[Seaside] SUPeriodical - changing the frequency on the fly

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Sat Aug 19 00:26:28 UTC 2006

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to change the frequency of  aSUPeriodical on the
> fly but what I am doing does not work.  I create an instance
> of SUPeriodical with a frequency of 10 seconds.  That works
> fine, the SUPeriodical is triggered every 10 seconds.  I then
> change the frequence of the same instance of SUPeriodical to
> 30 seconds but it continues being triggered every 10 seconds.
>
> I have examined the SUPeriodical instance and confirmed that
> its frequency has been changed to 30.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

Umm... I'm not sure you can do this.  First off, as far as I know, these are
transient objects, used to generate JavaScript and then disposed of during
the rendering phase.  Holding onto an instance and editing it will likely do
nothing as the client side JavaScript has already been generated.  Can you
show your code to confirm?