[Seaside] Magma on seasidehosting

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 10:10:41 UTC 2006

> To avoid that people touch critical parts of the system or file of
> other hosted applications we hide them from the file-system using the
> vm, though there seems to be a problem with the implementation of this
> particular method now. I will see what I can do: it will require that
> I invest more time into that part of the VM and that I update some
> tests. Don't expect a solution to this problem within the next few
> days. I will try my best to find a good solution for you and the
> hosting server.

This is very difficult to fix in the VM. Obviously this is a bug in
the interaction of the SecurityPlugin and the way FilePlugin handles
file-enumerating. As a quick fix I suggest that you patch the
following method in your image:

UnixFileDirectory>>directoryExists: filenameOrPath
	"Handles the special case of testing for the root dir: there isn't a
	possibility to express the root dir as full pathname like '/foo'."

	^ filenameOrPath = '/'
		or: [ filenameOrPath = self class default
		or: [ super directoryExists: filenameOrPath ] ]

Hope this helps,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli