[Seaside] How to get the number of user connected

William Harford seaside at harford.org
Wed Dec 13 16:54:13 UTC 2006

On Dec 13, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Florian Minjat wrote:
> Currently I use the default behavior for session expiration. So
> they just wait to be GCed. Is there an existing 'session reaper'
> available somewhere or should I make it myself? It doesn't seems to
> difficult, but I dislike coding the wheel again.

Actually the default behavior is to clear expired handlers (session,
images, documents,  etc) every about every 10th time. See WARegistry
#shouldCollectHandlers

Some people like to change that method to always return false. When I
was using Squeak I added some methods to the class side of WAResigtry
but you will most likely want to keep this code in it's own class.

Hope that gets you started.

Will

finalizationContinue
	^true.

finalizationProcess
	[self finalizationContinue] whileTrue:[
		self allSubInstancesDo:[:i| i unregisterExpiredHandlers].
		Smalltalk garbageCollect.
		(Delay forSeconds: 900) wait.
	].

initialize
	self restartFinalizationProcess.

restartFinalizationProcess
	FinalizationProcess
		ifNotNil: [FinalizationProcess terminate.
			FinalizationProcess := nil].
	FinalizationProcess := [self finalizationProcess]
		forkAt: Processor userInterruptPriority.