[Seaside] Time Zone Point of Curiosity

Michel Bany m.bany at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 14 07:20:09 UTC 2006

Thomas Koschate a écrit :
> Whenever I load up an image from scratch, the Seaside installation
> process seems to have an almost pathological desire to adjust my
> image's time zone to Central European Time.  Why CET?  Why not GMT, or
> EST, or PST, or maybe even just assuming that I've already set the
> time zone that I want?
Hi Thomas,

Since the VW installation of Seaside does exactly that,
I am assuming that you are a VW user. If you are a Squeak
user, you do not need to read further.

As to why CET, the time zone in the VW base image is PST.
So why PST ? Probably because most of the VW engineers
reside in California and this probably makes their work easier.
So why CET for Seaside? Simply because I reside in France
and this makes my port work easier.

In the first dialog that pops up during Seaside installation,
there is a check box that say "Set time zone to CET".
You may want to uncheck it before pressing the OK button,
then the time zone will be left unchanged during installation.

If you are using the SeasideSettings parcel, there is also
an option in the Seaside installation settings that allows
you to disable the change of the time zone. This can also
be set programmatically prior to installing Seaside.
    WASettings default changeTimezone: false

HTH
Michel.