[Seaside] My progress with Seaside...

Blanchard, Todd tobl at amazon.com
Wed Jan 4 21:18:27 CET 2006

Just want to chime in that rendering speed is definitely becoming a problem for me.

http://www.blackbagops.net/seaside/html?url=http://www.amazon.com takes almost a minute to load, nearly all of that is rendering time (this is probably a pathological case).

You can try it with smaller web pages and its pretty snappy and the download/analysis time is pretty quick when done from the workspace.

http://www.blackbagops.net/seaside/html

Since the big bright colored part is pretty much static, I'm considering trying to render that to a buffer and then cache it.  Digging through WARenderCanvas hasn't shown me a straightforward way to do this though.