[Seaside] HTTP server streaming (was My progress with Seaside...)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jan 5 11:10:11 CET 2006

Dear all,

Streaming on a HTTP 1.1 servers is a bit more difficult than on old 1.0
ones because a TCP connection stays open during many HTTP requests. To
know when each request ends, it must therefore report an exact length
and this is the reason why we need the entire response in advance before
sending to a client.

But there is also a solution around: see HTTP 1.1 standard
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt, section 3.6 Transfer Codings. It
seems that "chunked" transfer coding enables streaming!

Best regards
Janko