[Seaside] UI Enhancements (was: Rails and Seaside)

Blanchard, Todd tobl at amazon.com
Mon Jan 16 19:04:43 CET 2006

I don't know about that.  Diego did a bunch of tweaks, submitted changesets, and they ended up part of the default UI in no time.

OTOH, I put in a lot of time on UI enhancements and found Morphic to be really fragile.  In the end I got tired of locking up the image every 10 minutes and, judging the task larger than I had time to dedicate, I gave up.

Then, there's tweak - is that going to take over soon?  I'd hate to pour resources into a dead end UI just to have the whole thing swapped out.

For now, I'm sticking to web apps (just to bring things back to Seaside).

From: seaside-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org [mailto:seaside-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org] On Behalf Of Marcus Denker

On 16.01.2006, at 18:20, Blanchard, Todd wrote:

> The usual rule of thumb in this community is "no bitching unless you
> want to work on the solution".

But with the UI, it's quite hard to get people that are already in
the community to accept any change.