[Seaside] Database Integration

Martin Schubert martin.schubert at informatik.uni-ulm.de
Thu Jun 1 16:53:50 UTC 2006

hey dan,
i agree. i played a little bit with the Magma database which has a
nice integration abillity with seaside. have a look at swiki to get
more info.
but the sophistication and (DOCUMENTATION!!!) that for example the
OODB db4o brings for java (especially Web Apps) isn`t reached by far.
i see that most people who are developing these amazing extensions
and applications with and for squeak see only few pennies (or none at
all) for the work they do. but without proper and a kind of more
recent documentation newbies get interested but won`t stay because
they get lost too easily. thats why i turned backed to java (jsf)
several times. at the moment i only consider to hold any kind of data
in the image itself.

an improvement on the navigational structure and  organization of
documentation on swiki could do wonders.

any thoughts? a bit off topic : i am sorry for that. ...