[Seaside] Seaside and high-volume websites

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Wed Jun 7 19:10:11 UTC 2006

Brad Fuller wrote:
> Nevin Pratt wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to provide a report to everyone on our experiences.  We
>> have experienced very high volume this week, and Seaside has handled
>> things just fine.
>>
> Can you define "high-volume" for you site?

Nope :-)

I used to have tracking code in the image, but removed it long ago.

However, notice that all of the pictures on the site are being served at
bountifulbaby.net.  That site does have tracking.

Tracking on bountifulbaby.net shows 40,750 requests on June 5.

Also, the issue is more than just page requests.  A very high number of
visitors were buyers, thus stressing the entire order processing
system-- shopping cart, automated address validation against USPS
address database, automated payment processing (credit card as well as
PayPal), etc.  There's really a lot that goes on in the background with
each order.

June 6 data is not yet available.

Nevin