[Seaside] Slightly OT -- Glorp session question..

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Fri Jun 30 16:43:30 UTC 2006

Boris Popov wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by session knowing the tables. You can use the
> session to query your domain objects via,
>
> self session readManyOf: User
>
> self session readManyOf: User where: [:usr | user username = supplied]
>
> etc
>
> But I suspect I may be missing something, so if you could clarify your
> question, that would help,

Boris --

Below is how my db connection is setup :
          [ login code is skipped for this ]
            db := Glorp.GlorpSession new.
            db system: (MSADBUserDescriptor forPlatform: login database).
            db accessor: accessor

Once I do that I can issue the following and get an array of users:
    users := db readManyOf: MSADBUser.

However, if I want to read one of the other tables using something like
the following:
    states := db readManyOf: MSADBLocationLookup.

I get an exception "Message not understood:
#classesRequiringIndependentQueries"

So, I'm guessing I need to use some other Glorp mechanism or change my
"db system: ..." line
from above to add more descriptors for other tables I might be reading
during the same Seaside
session or same Glorp session.. Am I barking up the right tree here?

TIA!

-- Rick