[Seaside] Re: serving files from seaside

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Tue Mar 21 06:59:11 UTC 2006

Jay Hardesty wrote:

> THANK YOU - yes - now even I understand, and it works.
> Thanks for pinpointing the (current) operative gap in my
> understanding - this eradicates a real frustration.

Here's another snippet from a previous post:
    Before you run the code above, make sure you stop WAKom and remove
    it from the startup/shutdown list, otherwise you'll get walkbacks,
    or complaints that port is already used. Some code:

WAKom stop
Smalltalk removeFromStartUpList: WAKom.
Smalltalk removeFromShutDownList: WAKom.

Since you've started WAKom in two different ways,
you may run into the same problem I did.
You'd see the problem whenever you save image,
or on restarting the image. But, you probably won't
see the problem if you keep using two different
ports (8080 & 9090).