[Seaside] [ANN] PlotKit 0.8 for Seaside

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu May 4 08:56:04 UTC 2006

2006/5/3, John Pierce <john at pierce.name>:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> Thanks for PlotKit. It is looking really good. I do have a question
> about color schemes. I like the Office Color schemes, but I need
> something more tailored to my situation. So I want to use more primary
> colors (bright red, green, blue, and what not) for my pie chart.
>
> I'm not sure how to do this. I see PKColorScheme, but am not sure how
> to pass it in to the Layout object or options object.
>
> I've tried:
>
>         self layout officeColors
>                 at: 'colorScheme' put: PKColorScheme light.
>
> and:
>
>         self layout options propertyAt: 'colorScheme' put: PKColorScheme light.
>
> all to no avail. Any ideas on how I can use some of the ColorSchemes
> instead of the office colors?

Hi

You are right, up until now there was no real support for custom
colors because the documentation of PlotKit in this area is lacking.
This is fixed with PlotKit-pmm.8.

You are now be able to do:
aChart layout  options colorSheme: PKPredefinedColorScheme light.

There is now also PKCustomColorScheme that allows you to specify
manually the colors  with Squeak Color instances. Color class >>
#wheel: is a good starting point.

Cheers
Philippe