[Seaside] Dev toolbar in IE

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Fri Oct 6 20:07:34 UTC 2006

Boris Popov wrote:
> Here are few reasons why I personally find Firefox as a best tool for
> development (that's not to say some of these tools don't exist for IE
> though),
>
> - TABS! :)
> - Less quirks in treating Web Standards compliant XHTML (Strict) and CSS
> - DOM inspector
> - JavaScript console
> - JavaScript debugger
>    - http://www.mozilla.org/projects/venkman/
> - Web Developer toolbar
>    - http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/

Boris did a pretty good job of summing it up.. Ideally, if you find that
you write code that works for IE, in my limited experience, you may find
that your code does NOT work for the standards-compliant browsers unless
you're very diligent.. I develop mostly against Safari (on Mac's) and
test w/ Firefox and lastly pester IE when needed.  I'll have to keep an
eye out for who uses what, but with what I've seen so far with my
existing PHP based application (soon to be replaced hopefully), it's
primarily being used by Safari, IE6, and Firefox users.. I'm glad I
don't see many IE5 users as that browser is REALLY old and has even more
problems than IE6 does.