[Seaside] continuations resources

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Tue Oct 10 16:23:12 UTC 2006

Because they were implemented in Squeak, by saving, manipulating, and
restoring the stack.  Java doesn't allow this, so the VM needs changed to
implement continuations.

> changing the JVM.  Isn't everything implementable on Touring
> Machines :) ?

No.. not without writing a Java interpreter that works differently than the
current VM.  It's a mistake to assume Turing equivalence means all languages
have equal expressive power, they don't.  I could mow my lawn with nail
clippers... But I'd rather use a riding lawnmower, but they're both
"capable" of doing the job; that's about all Turing equivalence really
means.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com