[Seaside] First time user of Seaside+Scriptaculous..

Michel Bany m.bany at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 25 06:13:28 UTC 2006

Hi Rick,

> I loaded the latest versions of Seaside (went up to 2.6b1.103 if I
> recall), SeasideAsync + SeasideScriptaculous(2.6b1.141.0) and in
> trying out the config app and then clicking on the Scriptaculous link,
> I get
> an error as shown below -- it's probably something I forgot to load
> since I've never loaded or tried Scriptaculous before.. Any ideas?
>
> Message not understood: #fixCallbackTemps
>
> BlockClosure(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
BlockClosure>>fixCallbackTemp appeared in 2.6b1.96, therefore I would
guess that
you loaded something older.

SeasideScriptaculous is very touchy regarding the Seaside version, and
as it stands now
it may be very difficult to determine what version of Seaside is needed
by a given version
of Scriptaculous. That's why I explicitly mentioned 2.6b1.96 as being
required by
Scriptaculous in the publish comment of Scriptaculous 2.6b1.141. You
probably missed
this mention because you have to scroll to the bottom of the publish
comment to see it,
sorry :-(

As a general rule, if you choose to go for the most recent
Scriptaculous, then you should
also go for the most recent Seaside.

HTH,
Michel.