[Seaside] [VW7.4.1] The page cannot be displayed

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:04:01 UTC 2006

On 30 Oct 2006, at 13:53 , Carl Gundel wrote:

> From: "Michel Bany" <michel.bany at gmail.com>
>> Hi Carl,
>>> Am I the only one who sometimes see this error "The page cannot be
>>> displayed" when using my Seaside application?  Refreshing the page
>>> usually
>>> solves the problem.  Would this be a problem with Seaside, or maybe
>>> the VW
>>> web server?
>>> I am using the latest version of VW and Seaside and IE6.
>>
>> I've seen that too and I have no explanation.
>>
>> In most cases you can get rid of this symptom by unchecking
>> "Show friendly HTTP error messages" in the Advanced tab of
>> the Internet Options.
>
> Hi Michel.  Doesn't solve the problem here.  If this were happening
> on a
> less popular browser it might not matter much.
>
> Are you running just the VW web server, or do you also have Apache or
> something else in front of it?

Carl, I'm not running anything, I'm only doing the VW port.
However I have had customers with the same problem and they
could fix it with the trick. As I said, I have no explanation.
I would suggest that you use an HTTP sniffer like HTTPLook
that would help you spot what makes the page undisplayable
by IE. Let me know about your findings, I'm interested.
Cheers,
Michel.